Orion Fans Offers Spark Proof IP68-ATEX Protection for Harsh AC Applications
Orion Fans, a division of Knight Electronics, has gone “spark proof.” The manufacturer expanded its family of Electronically Commutated (EC) fans to include spark proof IP68-ATEX rated versions for applications involving explosive atmospheres or flammable gases. The IP68-ATEX rated EC fans grant protection in explosive gas atmospheres, while also providing significant cost savings and power savings of up to 50%, compared to standard AC fans.
When employed in Zone 2 applications, ATEX fans eradicate the potential of a motor spark and explosion, making them the leading choice for use around flammable gases. And with the added IP68-rating, these fans effectively protect against dust and can also be submerged in water of depths up to three meters.
Available in a range of sizes including 60mm, 120mm and 172mm, the EC IP68-ATEX fans are ideal for a broad range of applications including appliances, commercial and process control, refrigeration, HVAC, electronic enclosures, and cabinets. By maintaining the same interface between the fan and equipment, EC fans can be used as drop-in replacements for equivalent-sized AC fans.
The IP68-ATEX rated EC Series combines energy conservation features with maximum protection.
Features and Benefits:
- Designed for use in Zone 2 Group IIC Hazardous Locations
- Meets Directive 2014/34/EU
- PBT, UL94V-0 plastic or Aluminum die-cast frames
- Dual ball bearing system design
- Enables customers to meet energy-consumption requirements from agencies like ENERGY STAR
- Utilizes a brushless DC motor and incorporates voltage transformation within the motor for significantly lower power consumption
- Most models are available with a universal voltage range
Since 1979, Orion Fans has been designing, developing, and manufacturing a broad line of AC, DC, EC fans, fan trays, fan accessories, motorized impellers and blowers to meet the continuing thermal management needs of OEMs worldwide.
For more info on Orion Fans, click here.