Junior Buyer - Entry Level
We are looking for a Junior Buyer - Entry Level who has a passion for purchasing and teamwork. We are expanding our team to build, maintain, and improve our customer’s level of satisfaction. Working at Area51 means you’ll be part of a team of smart, talented and passionate people from a diversity of backgrounds, who want to accomplish and have fun. The pace is fast, the work is stimulating, the team is energetic and the environment is collaborative. The right amount of freedom so you can perform, learn, inspire and accomplish.
- Source for electronic, electrical, and electromechanical components and assemblies from authorized distributors, authorized resellers, or original component manufacturers in accordance with the requirements specified by our customers and/or by the sales team.
- Negotiate pricing and terms and conditions to minimize supply chain risk, ensure specified requirements are met and achieve gross profit results.
- Select the optimal transportation (freight in) option based on the customer’s requirements, cost, safety, and service.
- Provide guidance to the sales team on price and delivery (lead-time).
- Initiate purchase orders and expedite pending purchase orders to ensure on-time delivery.
- Log bookings and archive purchase orders.
- Issue vendor surveys to vendors (only authorize distributors, authorized resellers, and original component manufacturer) for pre and re-qualification.
- Manage (identify, analyze, evaluate, mitigate, plan, implement, and track) supply chain risk with authorized distributors, authorized resellers, and original component manufacturers.
Key Skills Required:
- Effective verbal and written skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; Outlook, Word, and Excel.