Last Modified: April 19, 2019
We take every reasonable precaution to protect your information because the security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. We review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. However, no technology security measure is full proof or impenetrable and, as such, we cannot guarantee that such security measures will protect against the loss or misuse of your information. In addition, we do not guarantee the privacy of any information that you may transmit over the Internet or otherwise. We will retain your personal information for the length of time needed to fulfill the intended purpose unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
2. Types of Information We Collect
We may collect the following (but not exclusive) categories and types of information from your use of our website or as result of your access to our website:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, including your name, address, billing and shipping address, geolocation information, telephone number, fax number, gender, date of birth, email address, username and password or such related or similar information.
- Transactional information you provide when you request information or purchase a product or service from us, including, for instance, credit or debit card information, bank information, credit references, purchase history or Paypal (or similar third party processor) account email address, whether on our sites or through our associated applications, including your postal address, telephone number and other payment information.
- Any information that can be used to distinguish or trace you and/or your identity, either alone or when combined with other personal or identifying information that is linked or linkable to you.
- Information you provide to us in response to a product purchase, survey, review, application, sweepstakes, promotional and/or contest entry.
- Information you provide in public forums on our sites and/or applications.
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information.
- Information you provide to us when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account.
- Location information when you visit our sites or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites and/or applications, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information.
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including, for instance, the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave the website, your device identifier or IP address, as well as information about the operating system of your device and name of your Internet service provider, when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send.
3. How We Collect Information
We, along with our affiliates and service providers, may collect information through tracking and related technologies, such as cookies, Flash cookies and Web beacons, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms using one or more devices. Cookies are text files that are saved on the hard drive of your device by means of your browser, enabling us to recognize your browser for purposes such as saving your preferences and directing relevant content to you. Most of the currently available browsers give you the option of managing cookies by, for example, disabling them entirely, accepting them individually, and deleting saved cookies from your hard drive. Disabling of cookies, however, on your browser may result in limited use of features on our website.
We may also use a third-party platform (such as Google Analytics) in order to collect and store data such as time of visit, pages visited, time spent on each page of the website, the Internet Protocol address, and the type of operating system used in the devices used to access the website. We may acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically.
Further, the email address you provide will be used to track, collect and/or send information and updates. It may also be used to respond to inquiries, promotions, company announcements or events, product information and services, and/or other requests or questions. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. However, you may, at any time, unsubscribe from receiving future emails as we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or you may contact us via our website.
4. Sharing of Information with Affiliates and Third-Parties
We do not generally share, sell, trade, or rent your personal identification information to others unless you authorize such or if we are required by any legal authority or governmental regulation to so. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers. Further, we may share your personal information with our direct subsidiary and affiliated companies and brands for marketing and analytic purposes. Such information may also be stored or transferred between such entities.
We may also use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the website or administrative activities on our behalf, such as processing orders, sending out emails, newsletters or surveys, analyzing customer lists and data, providing marketing assistance, or consulting services. These third parties will have access to the information needed to perform their functions but cannot use that information for any other purpose. Also, in certain limited instances, we may share your personal information with third-parties in connection with the sale of a business or specific assets relating thereto, to enforce our terms of and conditions of use, to ensure the safety and security of our customers and/or third-parties, to protect our rights, as well as the privacy, safety and property rights of customers and third-parties, to comply with legal process or in other cases if we believe in good faith that disclosure is required by law.
5. Business Asset Transfer
In the event that we sell our business or any assets thereto by way of an acquisition or merger or if we become affiliated with any other individual or entity, any customer information owned or under the control of Area51 may be one of the transferred assets. As such, your personal information may be subject to such transaction.
6. Link to Third-Party Sites
You may find advertising or other content on our site that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third-parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our website. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
7. Children’s Online Policy
Our website is not directed to and/or intended for children under the age of thirteen (13) and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children. If you are a child under the age of thirteen (13), you are not permitted to use the website and should not send any information about yourself to us through the website. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided us with personal information without proper consent, please immediately contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal data, we will delete such information from our files as may be required under applicable law.
9. California Resident Privacy Supplement
You may have certain additional privacy related rights of if you are a California resident.
California Civil Code §1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Are 51 to third-parties for the third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. Please send an email to email@example.com or write us:
Area 51-ESG, Inc.
Attention: CA Privacy Rights Requested Information
Irvine, California 92618
Please include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code §22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, such a request does not ensure comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
10. Questions or Comments