Quality Assurance Manager
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Manager who has a passion for Quality and teamwork. We are expanding our team to build, maintain, and improve our customer’s level of satisfaction. Working at Area51 means you’ll be part of a team of smart, talented and passionate people from a diversity of backgrounds, who want to accomplish and have fun. The pace is fast, the work is stimulating, the team is energetic and the environment is collaborative. The right amount of freedom so you can perform, learn, inspire and accomplish.
- Manage the inspection and verification process; including visual, optical, mechanical, radiological, XRF, delid/decapsulation physical analysis, mechanical cross section, curve-tracing and electrical testing.
- Manage the inspection utilizing both internal and external lab resources. Direct the outsourcing of inspection and testing and review test reports.
- Review products to ensure completeness, function, and conformity to product specifications and customer requirements.
- Support and assist engineering in First Article testing and/or other qualification testings.
- Perform and prepare product failure analysis reports. Interface with applicable internal departments, customers, and suppliers to report findings, technical information, root cause, recommendations, and/or corrective/preventive actions.
- Ensure the quality management system and quality procedures are maintained in accordance with Area51 and customer requirements. Recommend process improvements or solutions for any non-conformities or inconsistencies with the quality system.
- Stay abreast of new industry quality standards and any applicable statutory and regulatory requirements. Participate and lead in the development of quality procedures and instructions
- Participate in all quality audits – internal Quality System audits, customer audits, and government agency audits
- Manage and oversee the Quality team; including onboarding and training
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Effective verbal and written skills. Must be capable of writing Quality Manual and quality procedures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Excellent attention to detail, resourceful, self-reliant, self-motivated and confident.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Solid understanding of circuit design, device physics and various electronics testing equipment and experience in a related lab environment.